The decision to use traditional silk is because it is a sustainable fabric and because traditional textiles and craftsmanship techniques are essential to Inan Isik:
- Silk production is considered to have a very low water footprint and produces almost zero percent waste.
- Silk also has naturally healthy and hypoallergenic qualities.
- Silk has flame retardant and antibacterial properties.
- Silk is biodegradable within a couple of years compared to hundreds of years for synthetic materials and doesn’t emit toxins while it biodegrades as synthetic fabrics do.
- Silk has massive potential (if produced ethically) to provide many regions of the world and women in those countries with a source of sustainable income